RMK Merrill-Stevens is a full-service shipyard dedicated to the refit and repair of the world’s finest yachts and vessels. Work is of the highest international standards and meets Classification Societies requirements, including ABS, Lloyds, and US Coast Guard Regulations.
RMK Merrill-Stevens is searching for an Experienced Marine Mechanic! This role performs marine propulsion both gas and diesel, steering systems, hydraulic system, and engine room equipment. Basic hand tools are required. Previous experience working on yachts is required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair all mechanical and electrical problems on respective boat, motors, and trailers.
- Support a strong commitment to world class customer service and ensure a pleasant and productive shopping experience for all customers.
- Install all types of accessory items.
- Assist customers by answering specific technical questions to help the customer understand the operation of the unit and the work to be done or work already completed.
- Attend technical training to improve proficiency, quality of work and to achieve higher levels of certification.
- When necessary, water test unit with customers to verify work performed and to explain the operation of the product.
- Perform rigging as required.
- Maintain a clean and professional work area.
- Follow all Company Policies and Procedures.
- Perform other duties, assignments and responsibilities as needed.
- Ability to understand electrical systems and wiring
- Ability to communicate in a friendly and professional manner to our customers and other associates.
- Ability to perform heavy lifting up to and more than 50 pounds
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Management, coworkers, and customers
- Provide own tools.
- Ability to read and write English is necessary.
RMK Merrill-Stevens is an Equal Operating Employer.
Qualifications and Skills
Job Type: Full-time Hourly
Pay commensurate with experience
- Miami, FL
- High School/ Mechanic Certification
- Boat Yard: 5 years
- Paid vacation.
- Medical, Hospital Confinement,
Job Type: Full-time
Call: Ext 131