Prime, Inc. is looking for a hard-working, self-motivated individual to repair damaged tires of trucks and examine defective tires and tubes returned by drivers to determine allowance due on replacement by performing the following duties:
- Visually and tactually examines tire to determine if defect resulted from faulty construction or curing.
- Raises vehicle with hydraulic jack, and unbolts when with lug wrench.
- Locates puncture in tubeless tire by inserting adhesive material and expanding rubber plug into puncture.
- Separates tubed tire from wheel with rubber mallet and metal bar or mechanical tire changer.
- Removes inner tube from tire and inspects tire casing for defects, such as holes and tears.
- Glues boot over rupture in tire casing.
- Buffs defective area of inner tube, using scraper, and patches tube with adhesive rubber patch or seals rubber patch to tube with hot vulcanizing plate.
- Measures tread depth to determine remaining tire life.
- Reassembles tire onto wheel, and places wheel on balancing machine to determine counterweights required to balance wheel.
- Hammers required counterweights onto rim of wheel.
- Cleans tire sides and remounts onto vehicle.
- Prorates allowances based on tread wear, warranty provisions, and knowledge of tire characteristics.
- Explains basis for allowance to driver or distributor.
- Performs related work as required.
Training is provided if needed!
- Incentive Pay
- Vacation Pay
- 401k with company match
- Health, life, dental, vision insurance
- Onsite amenities: Cafe, fitness facility, personal training, childcare center, doctor’s office, and more