Diesel Forward, Inc. specializes in Service, Remanufacturing and Distribution of parts and components for diesel-powered vehicles and equipment. Our goals are to provide first-class customer service, grow profits, invest for the future of the business, proactively manage all relationships, and provide an excellent work environment for our employees.
Under the supervision of the FIE Foreman, this position is responsible for the repair of various types of diesel pumps, injectors and turbos according to current level of training and ability.
Key Departmental Responsibilities
- Tear down/repair/testing of various types of diesel pumps, injectors and turbos in accordance with company and manufacturer recommended policies and practices.
- Acquisition of needed parts from warehouse personnel.
- Correct and safe operation of customary hand/power tools used in diesel repair.
- Complete required work order documentation.
- Continuing education as needed/approved to maintain effective service.
- Follow all industry safety regulations.
- Operate in conformance with the requirements of the Diesel Forward quality management system.
- Assist other employees both in and out of the department.
- Perform other related duties and assignments as required.
- Provide feedback on system needs/changes.
All Diesel Forward employees shall exhibit the following:
- Attendance and dependability: The employee can be depended on to report to work at the scheduled time and is seldom absent from work. Employee can be depended upon to complete work in a timely, accurate, and thorough manner and is conscientious, about assignments.
- Communication/listening: The employee communicates effectively and appropriately. Uses good judgment as to what to communicate to whom as well as the best way to get that accomplished. Listens to others and allows them to make their point.
- Relationships with others: The employee works effectively and relates well with others including superiors, coworkers, and individuals inside and outside the company. The employee exhibits a professional manner in dealing with others and works to maintain constructive working relationships.
- Safety and security: The employee actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Quality and continuous improvement: The employee promotes organizational effectiveness by anticipating and dealing with problems. Encourages others to suggest improvements to work processes, and persistently focuses on quality, as well as on results. Seeks ways to improve productivity and effectiveness by identifying sources of mistakes and determining or suggesting a course of action to prevent their recurrence.
- Teamwork: The employee is a team player who contributes valuable ideas, opinions and feedback. Communicates openly and honestly and can be counted on to fulfill commitments made to others.
Skills & Qualifications
Comprehension of diesel engine mechanics. Two-year technical college training in heavy- duty diesel mechanics (or comparable training) desirable. Good analytical and problem solving skills. Regular attendance is an essential requirement. Must have ability to lift up to fifty pounds on a regular basis. Some positions may require specialized education/training as determined by management.
Education Level: Two-year technical college training in heavy-duty diesel mechanics or comparable training.
How to Apply
For more information or to submit a resume, please email HR@dieselforward.com.