ob Title Maintenance Mechanic
Job Type Full Time/ Year round
Pay Rate: $16.00- $26.00 DOE
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot, install, repair and maintain the operating condition of production and processing machinery and surrounding equipment, this would include but not limited to hydraulic and pneumatic systems, vertical and horizontal baggers, motors, gearboxes, pumps, conveying system, printers, etc..
- Troubleshoot malfunctioning components of processing equipment.
- Ability to read electrical schematics as well as manufacturers maintenance manuals to determine proper operation.
- Maintain a comprehensive preventative maintenance program for machinery in facility.
- Complete accurately and timely documentation of maintenance records, work orders and task records.
- Comply with federal, state, local and company safety regulations.
- Follow all food safety regulations to comply with federal, state and company policy.
- Be able to perform all Lockout Tag Out (LOTO) procedures.
- Willing to work evenings, including overtime and weekends as necessary.
- Good mechanical aptitude and operation knowledge of control systems.
- Effective troubleshooting skills and systematically diagnose electrical problems
- Operate forklifts and other mobile equipment; possesses ability to obtain operators certification.
- Some welding and fabrication may be required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal. Bilingual Spanish/English preferred.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years experience with manufacturing maintenance, working with standard troubleshooting, and repair of production equipment.
- Ability to train other members of the maintenance team.
- Desire and ability to operate as a member of a self-directed work team.
- Basic plumbing and general facilities/building maintenance knowledge.
- Awareness of and the ability to follow safety guidelines.
- Awareness of and the ability to follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and food safety guidelines.
- Understand proper machine operating and adjusting procedure.
Company Description Serving the staffing industry for over 25 years, Select Staffing matches talent with opportunity. At Select Staffing, we understand our clients’ unique workforce challenges and are able to propose effective solutions.