Job DescriptionJob Description
Vehicle Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for supporting the hatchery and the farms by maintaining operation of vehicle, machinery and mechanical equipment. Troubleshooting mechanical and basic electrical systems in order to maintain and repair equipment.
- Service all company vehicles including but not limited to oil change, air filter change, grease and lube, fill all fluids, check tires, lights.
- Inspect all company vehicles for any safety issues.
- Service and repair all farm equipment as needed.
- Service and repair all landscaping equipment.
- Hatchery maintenance.
- Maintain and repair chicken houses as needed.
- Install service and repair poultry equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate Degree or equivalent in a related field is preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in mechanical field in a hatchery or farm setting is preferred.
- Basic computer skills including MS Office and L2L.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work extended hours and weekends if needed.
- Ability to adjust quickly to changing demands.
- Must be able to work with limited supervision.
- Must be able to climb ladders and do work on aerial work platforms as needed.
West Liberty Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer.