Job DescriptionJob Title Maintenance Mechanic Intern Location City Owatonna Location State(s) MN Job Description
This position will be part-time during the school year and full-time hours during the summer. Ability to perform PM’s, assist with troubleshooting, repair and rebuilding of equipment. Individual will also be expected to control inventory and enter in work being done on equipment with computerized maintenance program.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Inventories and controls stock of supplies.
- Able to perform pm’s as required such as lubricants and dismantling and cleaning of parts.
- General fabrication skills such as welding (ARC, MIG & TIG), torch, cutting equipment, able to follow simple blue prints, and grinders.
- Performs duties in a safe manner using all approved safety equipment as instructed.
- Able to apply general mechanical knowledge/abilities.
- Performs duties in accordance with the Business Process Documentation.
- Participates in Viracon’s Continuous Improvement efforts by understanding his/her team’s performance and actively implementing and supporting process improvements.
Additional Job Responsibilities:
- Apply good work habits.
- Assist in maintenance of all equipment.
- Maintains an effective working relationship with all department employees.
- Maintains a neat and orderly working area throughout the work day.
- High school diploma or equivalent GED required.
- Currently enrolled in an Industrial Maintenance program (1st or 2nd year student).
- Ability to read, write and understand work instructions (English).
- Familiar with operating power tools.
- Ability to take supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work as a team member.
- Must be able to safely perform essential job responsibilities.
- Flexibility in work hours.
- Regular full-time attendance.
- Promotes Viracon in a positive manner and obeys all policies.
Viracon is an Equal Opportunity Employer