Marine Services / Stevedoring Heavy equipment mechanic,
experienced with hydraulic, mechanical, electrical and pneumatic systems
commonly found on heavy equipment.
Essential Job Functions
Assist port engineers in the maintenance and repairs of Clyde cranes
Maintenance and repairs on Cat wheel loaders
Diesel and systems maintenance and troubleshooting on support equipment such as welders, compressors and generators
Inspect equipment, crane structure, wire rope and rigging
Grease, oil and perform repairs as needed
Complete work order ticket, crane service log and all necessary paperwork for the task assignment
Perform other duties assigned by management
Follow all company and work site safety policies/procedures and commits to an “Incident and Injury Free” work environment
One of the following will be considered:
10 years mechanical experience on heavy equipment – preferably cranes, or
Trade school in diesel engines, electrical, hydraulic plus 5 years field experience, or
Military experience in an engineering rating ie EN (engineman), EM (electrician), MM (machinist mate), GSM and GSE (gas turbine mechanical/electrical), MR (machinery repair), CM (construction mechanic). “A” school experience in rating field mandatory, “C” school experience preferred, probably 5-10 years military experience (1st, 2nd, or 3rd class Petty officer), or
US Merchant Marine License or certification, with minimum experience level -
* 3rd Assistant Engineer, 2 years’ experience in the position
* QMED, 3 years’ experience in the position
* Designated Duty Engineer – 4,000 HP or greater, 2 years’ experience in the position
Supervise while working alongside floating crane crews in operations and maintenance. Assist with some administrative duties, observing safety program and coordinate with customers, vendors and other departments.
Fit to climb, lift and carry as customary with the position.
Good communication skills, marine operations experience preferred.
Must be able to tolerate rough seas, vibrations, heat, harsh weather conditions, confined spaces, and high noise levels
Must be able to lift or carry miscellaneous equipment, supplies and parts up to 50 lbs. unassisted
This Job Description does not cover all of the required duties, activities, functions and responsibilities of the position, any of which may change at any time according to the sole and absolute discretion of Weeks Marine, Inc., with or without notice.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Weeks Marine, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination, hostility, harassment, and retaliation.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
* The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)