Manage and facilitate the deployment, development and sustainment of the Penske Logistics Quality System with operational departments. Lead, manage and direct Quality System training course facilitation related to Lean and Quality related concepts, tools and methodology. Provide Quality System audits and create report scorecards for operational locations. Coach operational locations in building their action plans to close gaps identified in the audits and in applying the system at their location. Serve as an expert and resource for the location in how to implement the Kaizen Program to foster Associate Engagement in process improvement and track performance based on participation and cost avoidance / value achieved to targets. Monitor operational locations progress and summarize status and escalate roadblocks to Senior Operations Leadership and Director, Process Engineering.
**Dimensions / Scope:**
– Be an expert for the organization in the areas of Lean and Quality, with both academic and operational knowledge, serving as an internal consultant to coach, train and develop Associates at all levels from Drivers and DCM Associates to senior management.
– Interview and observe Operations team from Operations Manager to hourly Associate levels during Quality System site visits and audits to understand performance to Quality System best practices, consistent practice of operational process standards, strengths and improvement opportunities.
– Develop deep relationships with the Operations Manager and Supervisor levels of the locations that they support, ensuring these key stakeholders understand the value of Lean business practices, as these positions are the lynch pins in deploying and sustaining the Quality System effectively.
– Work closely with the Director, Process Engineering to ensure consistent deployment of the Quality System across Penske Logistics regions, be a point person to receive updates on new improvements and innovations to the Quality System and provide feedback on continuous improvement opportunities to the Quality System.
-Instill in the operations leadership team that safe performance is a critical element required to achieve success and is recognized as an indicator of management effectiveness.
-Ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory agencies and company policies and procedures.
– Ensure safety steps are incorporated into the operational process steps and documented in SOPs.
-Support operations based on the job functions described under position summary to deploy and maintain the Quality System.
-Be a resource to review Operations operational process documents, problem solving and process improvement projects and provide coaching on how to enhance the documentation and the processes themselves to incorporate Lean principles and improve performance and service.
**Growth / Customer Experience:**
-Be a member on the project team of new operations start-ups and lead the functional area of Quality by deploying Quality System concepts, templates and methodologies from the start of operations to ensure start-up success.
– Be a resource for Sales and Operations Leadership in providing customers and prospects information and examples about the customer value of the Penske Quality System to differentiate Penske and provide competitive advantage to win new business.
– Enhance the customer experience through the customer touch points with the Quality System including customer involved process improvement projects, visibility to Kaizen ideas implemented and sharing procedure documentation when appropriate.
– Directly utilize the Quality System concepts and tools to solve critical operational issues and generate performance measure improvement and present Lean continuous improvement projects to customer leadership.
-Support operations in achieving their business plan through waste elimination and achieving cost avoidance improvements through Kaizen and avoiding errors and accidents through increased process consistency.
-Ensure all procedures involving Fleets and Assets are documented and follow Lean principles to maximize efficiency and effectiveness.
-Experience in a Lean and Quality focused department supporting operations to maximize use of Lean principles, required
-Industry recognized Lean Certification, strongly preferred.
-Willingness to obtain an industry recognized Lean Certification within 1 year in the role, if not previously obtained, required
-5 years of experience in an Operations Supervisor / Manager role. Working in an operation that strongly leveraged Lean Management techniques, strongly preferred.
-Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degrees or certifications preferred
-Strong analytical and influencing skills, written/oral communication and organizational skills are required as this position will have frequent executive communication and presentation
-Strong problem solving and process improvement skills, required
-Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint required
-Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
-Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com at http://www.penskelogistics.com/ to learn more.
**Work Locations:** 3000 Auburn Dr Beachwood, OH
**Primary Location:** United States-Ohio-Beachwood
**Penske (Oracle) Job Name:** Engineering
**Req ID:** 1708316