Are you an experienced technician looking for a new career?
First Vehicle Services is now hiring a Diesel Technician for heavy duty vehicles.
We service NY Parks & Recreation equipment
We are looking for a technician with 5+ years of hands-on heavy duty diesel maintenance and repair experience.
First Vehicle Services is proud to offer:
- Competitive Wages
- Career advancement opportunities
- Comprehensive benefits packages including company training, paid holidays & vacation, medical & dental, and 401(k) savings plan.
- A great work environment!
Diesel Technician major responsibilities:
- Performing vehicle maintenance to the First Vehicle Services standards.
- Diagnosing all phases of vehicle and equipment repair.
- Removing, cleaning, repairing, reinstalling, and adjusting vehicle components (Engine Emission Components, Driveline Components, Electrical/Electronic Components, Brakes/Suspension/Steering/Exhaust, Cab/Chassis, and Hydraulics).
- Selecting appropriate course of action for repairs.
- Evaluating completed work prior to release, seeking supervisor approval where required.
- Performing road calls and emergency services as necessary.
- Moving vehicles safely between job and work area.
- Communicating professionally with customers, team members, and supervisors.
- Actively participating in safety or educational training as required.
- Continuous ASE re-certification to remain in job classification.
Diesel Technician requirements:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Valid driver’s license; CDL preferred
- At least 5 years of direct heavy duty diesel repair experience
- ASE Certifications are preferred.
First Vehicle Services is a leading provider of diverse fleet management and maintenance services in North America. Since 1981, First Vehicle Services has been providing efficient and cost-effective vehicle management and maintenance services at governments, school districts, petrochemical companies, transit agencies, airports, universities, and private organizations throughout the United States and Puerto Rico.
Become a part of our team – Apply today!
First Vehicle Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.