Heavy Duty Diesel Mechanic
We service NY Parks & Recreation equipment.
Join First Vehicle Services as a Heavy Duty Mechanic.Our Mechanics are committed to safety, customer service, and have hands-on experience with automotive maintenance and repair.
First Vehicle Services is proud to offer:
- Competitive Wages
- Career Advancement Opportunities due to a strong presence all across North America
- A comprehensive benefits package including company training, paid holidays & vacation, medical & dental, and 401(k) savings plan.
- A great work environment!
Heavy Duty Mechanic major responsibilities:
- Performing vehicle maintenance to the First Vehicle Services standards.
- Diagnosing all phases of vehicle and equipment repair.
- Removing, cleaning, repairing, reinstalling, and adjusting vehicle components (Engine Emission Components, Driveline Components, Electrical/Electronic Components, Brakes/Suspension/Steering/Exhaust, Cab/Chassis, and Hydraulics).
- Selecting appropriate course of action for repairs.
- Performing road calls and emergency services as necessary.
- Communicating professionally with customers, team members, and supervisors.
- Actively participating in safety or educational training as required.
- Continuous ASE re-certification to remain in job classification.
Heavy Duty Mechanic requirements:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of direct repair experience
- Valid driver’s license
- CDL is preferred
- ASE Certifications are preferred.
Become a part of our team – Apply today!
First Vehicle Services is a leading provider of diverse fleet management and maintenance services in North America. Since 1981, First Vehicle Services has been providing efficient and cost-effective vehicle management and maintenance services at governments, school districts, petrochemical companies, transit agencies, airports, universities, and private organizations throughout the United States and Puerto Rico.
First Vehicle Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.