– A Penske **_310T_** **_Licensed Diesel Truck Mechanic_** **(Technician I)** will diagnose, overhaul, adjust, and repair all series of motor truck and trailer equipment. This position demands a specialist in the field that will perform duties with little or no supervision and in a timely and efficient manner.
– A Penske **Diesel Truck Mechanics Apprentice (Technicien II)** will generally assist in the overhaul of major components or remove/replace major components at the direction of Lead Technician or Maintenance Supervisor. Expectations include the ability to diagnose and repair the following without supervision: Clutches, PTO Systems, Electric Systems, Hydraulic/Air Brake systems, Heating/Air Conditioning Systems, Instruments and Gauges, and Preventative Maintenance Service.
– A Penske **Diesel Mechanics helper/ Apprentice (Technician III)** will perform minor component repair or replacement and assist with the removal, replacement, and repair of major components. This is a great entry level position to start your career as a diesel truck mechanic. If you have some mechanic experience or you are in your first year of mechanic apprenticeship and you are ready to live a unique experience, we want to speak with you!
**Penske Offers YOU:**
– A Modern and clean work environment
– Industry leading technology and tools
– Competitive salary
– Attractive shift premiums
– New equipment and technology from variety of suppliers/dealerships
– RRSP program with company match
– Affordable health & dental benefit package
– Free uniforms and laundry service
– Tool and boots allowance
– Vacation time 11 paid statutory holidays paid sick days
– Tuition reimbursement
– Employee Assistance Program
– Comprehensive technical and professional training
– Opportunity for advancement throughout the company
We have industry leading trucks, technology, tools, and experts in the vehicle maintenance industry committed to helping you develop your career. If you have some mechanical or vehicle maintenance experience and you are Dynamic, Motivated and Ready to learn **WE ARE COMMITTED TO DEVELOPING YOU!**
**Shift:** We are currently seeking Technicians with midnight shift availability only
-2 years practical experience with tractor trailer maintenance required
-High school diploma or equivalent required
– Must be currently enrolled in an apprentice program
-Vocational/Technical or certification preferred
-Specialized training in the repair and replacement of vehicle components required
-Proficiency in the use of shop tools required
-Current driver’s license class D or class 3 with air brake certification required or ability to obtain it within 3 months of being hired
-Basic computer skills required
-Willingness to work required schedule at the specific location or other locations in the area, complete the Penske employment application and be submitted to a reference verification (to include past employment and education) are required
Specific to Technician I
-Heavy Duty Truck Mechanic License (i.e. 310T, Red Seal) required or or ability to obtain it within 6 months of being hired
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The associate must regularly lift and /or move up to 12kg, frequently lift and/or move up to 23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 45kg. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; sit and talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
Penske is committed to the principle of equity in employment.
Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more about the company and its products and services.
**Work Locations:** 105 Saltsman Dr Cambridge, ON N3H 4R7
**Primary Location:** Canada-Ontario-Cambridge
**Job:** Vehicle Maintenance/Mechanics/Technicians
**Penske (Oracle) Job Name:** Vehicle Maintenance/Mechanics/Technicians
**Req ID:** 1706776