**EXPERIENCED, LICENSED AND LOOKING FOR A COMPANY THAT RECOGNIZES YOUR VALUE?** You are looking at the right company in Penske!
We have industry leading trucks, technology, tools, and experts in the vehicle maintenance industry committed to helping you develop your career with OEM training. If you are Dynamic, Motivated and Ready to live a unique opportunity, **WE WANT YOU!**
A Penske Refrigeration Technician will diagnose, overhaul, adjust, and repair all series of motor truck and trailer equipment with the primary focus on all refrigeration unit maintenance equipment designed for commercial trucks and trailers.
**We Offer You:**
– Modern and clean work environment
– Industry leading technology and tools
– Competitive salary
– Attractive shift premiums
– New equipment and technology from variety of suppliers/dealerships
– RRSP program with company match
– Affordable health & dental benefit package
– Free uniforms and laundry service
– Tool and boots allowance
– Vacation time 11 paid statutory holidays paid sick days
– Tuition reimbursement
– Employee Assistance Program
– Comprehensive technical and professional training
– Opportunity for advancement throughout the company
– Partners discounts
-Perform all levels of maintenance services, with the primary focus on all refrigeration unit such as Carrier and/or Thermo King commercial refrigeration equipment designed for commercial trucks and trailers.
-Be able to test lines, components, and connections using electrical, mechanical and pneumatic test equipment
-Read complex schematics associated with the refrigeration and air conditioning equipment.
-Identify warrantable repairs and document on repair order
-Maintain work area appearance and safety
-Road test vehicles when necessary to diagnose malfunctions or to ensure that they are working properly.
-Perform duties with little or no supervision and in a timely and efficient manner
-Use hand tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, pressure gauges, and precision instruments, as well as power tools such as pneumatic wrenches, lathes, welding equipment, and jacks and hoists.
-Provide additional support regarding preventative maintenance and tractor trailer maintenance as required by location management
-Inspect and verify dimensions and clearances of parts to ensure conformance to factory specifications.
-Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
Shift: Afternoon Shift
– 6 years practical experience with tractor trailer maintenance required
– Must possess respective Provincial License such as Red Seal/310T
– Must maintain membership/registration with respective Government Agencies
– Current driver’s license class D or class 3 with air brake certification required or ability to obtain it within 6 months of being hired
– Proficiency in the use of all tools of trade (including welding equipment, diagnostic equipment, hand and power tools) required
– Basic computer skills required
– Ability to work in non-climate controlled conditions required
– Specialized training and experience in the diagnosis/troubleshooting of major components (engines, transmissions, differentials), OEM training courses preferred
– Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
– Willingness to travel as necessary within the district (customers yards, close geographical area and training sites), work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to employment reference checks.
– The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate must regularly lift and /or move up to 12kg, frequently lift and/or move up to 23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 45kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus.
-While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; sit and talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
Penske is committed to the principle of equity in employment.
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group, General Electric Capital Corporation and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates more than 216,000 vehicles and serves customers from more than 1,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit http://www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
**Keywords:** Vehicle Repair, Automotive Repair, Automotive Technician, Truck Repair, Skilled Trades, Detroit Diesel, Cummins, Eaton, Meritor, Mack, International, Peterbilt, Kenworth, Volvo, Automotive, Diesel, Diesel Repair, Diesel Tech, Diesel Mechanic, Gas Mechanic, Fabricator, Fabrication, Mechanic, Welder, Hydraulics Auto Repair, Truck Repair, Trailer Repair, Equipment Installer, Car Carrier Repair, Mechanical Repair, Installer, Truck Equipment, Auto Mechanic, Automotive, Repair, Light And Heavy Duty Trucks, Truck Mechanic Service Technician, Heavy Truck & Equipment Technician, Heavy Truck Mechanic, Equipment Mechanic, Shop Mechanic, Truck Mechanic, Fleet Mechanic, Fleet Technician, Trailer Mechanic
**Work Locations:** 3650 46th Ave. SE Calgary, AB T2B 3P9
**Primary Location:** Canada-Alberta-Calgary
**Job:** Vehicle Maintenance/Mechanics/Technicians
**Penske (Oracle) Job Name:** Vehicle Maintenance/Mechanics/Technicians
**Req ID:** 1706880