Looking for a new career? Join First Transit as a Fleet Diesel Technician!
We service transit buses and diesel & gasoline cutaways for Johnson County Transit
First Transit is proud to offer:
- $1,000 Sign-On Bonus! (conditions apply)
- Monday-Friday 4:30pm – 1:00am shift. Off weekends and holidays!
- Competitive Hourly Wages
- Room for growth!
- A comprehensive benefits package including company training, paid holidays & vacation, medical & dental, and 401(k) savings plan!
- ASE Incentive program – Earn more money for each ASE!
Diesel Mechanic major responsibilities:
- Work in a paperless shop
- Performing vehicle maintenance to the First Transit standards.
- Diagnosing all phases of vehicle and equipment repair.
- Removing, cleaning, repairing, reinstalling, and adjusting vehicle components (Engine Emission Components, Driveline Components, Electrical/Electronic Components, Brakes/Suspension/Steering/Exhaust, Cab/Chassis, and Hydraulics).
- Ensuring work orders are completed accurately.
- Selecting appropriate course of action for repairs.
- Evaluating completed work prior to release, seeking supervisor approval where required.
- Performing road calls and emergency services as necessary.
- Moving vehicles safely between job and work area.
- Communicating professionally with customers, team members, and supervisors.
- Actively participating in safety or educational training as required.
- Continuous ASE re-certification to remain in job classification.
Diesel Mechanic requirements:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent; Technical training preferred
- Previous direct diesel repair experience
- Valid driver’s license
- Possess or have the ability to obtain CDL – We train for this!
- ASE Certifications are preferred.
- Subject to background screen, motor vehicle record check, and drug test.
Become a part of our team – Apply today!
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit professionals through fixed-route, paratransit, college/airport shuttle services and rail operations at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico, Panama and India. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.