Are you an experienced diesel technician looking for a new career?
First Transit is now hiring a Transit Fleet Diesel Technician! We maintain and operate vehicles for Valley Metro!
If you are committed to safety, customer service, and have hands-on experience with automotive maintenance and repair, apply now!
First Transit is proud to offer:
- Competitive Wages
- Career Advancement Opportunities due to a strong presence all across North America
- A comprehensive benefits package including company training, paid holidays & vacation, medical & dental, and 401(k) savings plan
- A great work environment!
Transit Fleet Diesel Technician major responsibilities:
- Performing vehicle maintenance to the First Transit standards.
- Diagnosing all phases of vehicle and equipment repair.
- Removing, cleaning, repairing, reinstalling, and adjusting vehicle components (Engine Emission Components, Driveline Components, Electrical/Electronic Components, Brakes/Suspension/Steering/Exhaust, Cab/Chassis, and Hydraulics).
- Selecting appropriate course of action for repairs.
- Performing road calls and emergency services as necessary.
- Communicating professionally with customers, team members, and supervisors.
- Actively participating in safety or educational training as required.
- Continuous ASE re-certification to remain in job classification.
Transit Fleet Diesel Technician job requirements:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Minimum 3 years direct automotive / diesel repair experience
- Possess CDL
- ASE Certifications are preferred.
Become a part of our team – Apply today!
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit professionals through fixed-route, paratransit, college/airport shuttle services and rail operations at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico, Panama and India. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.