Are you an experienced Diesel Technician looking for a new career? Join the First Transit team!
We service PRTC Gillig and MCI Buses; Cummins and Detroit engines!
First Transit is proud to offer:
- Competitive Wages
- ASE Incentive Program – Earn more money for being certified!
- Tremendous Career Advancement Opportunities due to a strong presence all across North America
- A comprehensive benefits package including company training, paid holidays & vacation, medical & dental, and 401(k) savings plan.
- A great work environment!
Diesel Technician major responsibilities:
- Performing vehicle maintenance to the First Transit standards.
- Diagnosing all phases of vehicle and equipment repair.
- Removing, cleaning, repairing, reinstalling, and adjusting vehicle components (Engine Emission Components, Driveline Components, Electrical/Electronic Components, Brakes/Suspension/Steering/Exhaust, Cab/Chassis, and Hydraulics).
- Selecting appropriate course of action for repairs.
- Evaluating completed work prior to release, seeking supervisor approval where required.
- Performing road calls and emergency services as necessary.
- Moving vehicles safely between job and work area.
- Communicating professionally with customers, team members, and supervisors.
- Actively participating in safety or educational training as required.
- Continuous ASE re-certification to remain in job classification.
Diesel Technician job requirements:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent; Technical training preferred
- Minimum 3 years of direct diesel repair experience.
- ASE T or H Series Master Tech preferred (must obtain ASEs while employed)
- A.C. 609 Certification preferred (Must obtain while employed)
- Valid Driver’s License required
- Possess or have the ability to obtain CDL with Air Brakes endorsement
- Must possess appropriate mechanic’s tool set
Become a part of our team – Apply today!
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,000 dedicated transit professionals through fixed route, paratransit and shuttle services at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico and Panama. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.