Looking for a new career? Join the First Vehicle Services team as a Heavy Diesel Truck Technician!
We provide fleet maintenance service for the City of Wilmington
First Vehicle Services is proud to offer:
- Competitive Hourly Wages
- Career advancement opportunities
- Comprehensive benefits package including company training, paid holidays & vacation, medical & dental, and 401(k) savings plan.
- A great work environment!
Heavy Diesel Truck Mechanic major responsibilities:
- Performing vehicle maintenance to the First Vehicle Services standards.
- Diagnosing all phases of vehicle and equipment repair.
- Removing, cleaning, repairing, reinstalling, and adjusting vehicle components (Engine Emission Components, Driveline Components, Electrical/Electronic Components, Brakes/Suspension/Steering/Exhaust, Cab/Chassis, and Hydraulics).
- Ensuring work orders are completed accurately.
- Selecting appropriate course of action for repairs.
- Evaluating completed work prior to release, seeking supervisor approval where required.
- Ensuring safe use of power and hand-held tools.
- Performing road calls and emergency services as necessary.
- Moving vehicles safely between job and work area.
- Communicating professionally with customers, team members, and supervisors.
- Actively participating in safety or educational training as required.
- Continuous ASE re-certification to remain in job classification.
Heavy Diesel Truck Technician requirements:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- 3-5 years of direct heavy truck repair experience; Fire equipment experience preferred, not mandatory
- Must have demonstrated experience monitoring and meeting PM schedules and operating automotive repair shop equipment
- Must have an appropriate mechanic’s tool set
- Excellent communication skills
- Possess a valid driver’s license. CDL is preferred.
- ASE Certifications are preferred.
First Vehicle Services is a leading provider of diverse fleet management and maintenance services in North America. Since 1981, First Vehicle Services has been providing efficient and cost-effective vehicle management and maintenance services at governments, school districts, petrochemical companies, transit agencies, airports, universities, and private organizations throughout the United States and Puerto Rico.
Become a part of our team – Apply today!
First Vehicle Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.