Fleet Maintenance Mechanic – Heavy Duty Diesel Experience Required
First Transit services and operates the shuttle system at Emory University
Join First Transit as a Fleet Maintenance Mechanic. This position requires the level of knowledge and skills necessary to diagnose and repair commercial vehicles and equipment. This individual must have the ability to effectively work and communicate with employees and customers. Requirements include daily safety inspections, minimal reworks, and maintaining production standards.
If that sounds like you, join our First Transit team!
First Transit is proud to offer:
- Competitive Wages starting at $25/hour (negotiable based on experience)
- Tremendous Career Advancement Opportunities due to a strong presence all across North America
- A comprehensive benefits package including company training, paid holidays & vacation, medical & dental, and 401(k) savings plan.
- A great work environment
Fleet Maintenance Mechanic major responsibilities:
- Performing vehicle maintenance to the First Transit standards.
- Diagnosing all phases of vehicle and equipment repair.
- Removing, cleaning, repairing, reinstalling, and adjusting vehicle components (Engine Emission Components, Driveline Components, Electrical/Electronic Components, Brakes/Suspension/Steering/Exhaust, Cab/Chassis, and Hydraulics).
- Selecting appropriate course of action for repairs.
- Evaluating completed work prior to release, seeking supervisor approval where required.
- Performing road calls and emergency services as necessary.
- Communicating professionally with customers, team members, and supervisors.
- Actively participating in safety or educational training as required.
- Continuous ASE re-certification to remain in job classification.
Fleet Maintenance Mechanic job requirements:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- 5-10 years of heavy duty diesel repair experience.
- CDL Class B required.
- ASE certifications are preferred.
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,000 dedicated transit professionals through fixed route, paratransit and shuttle services at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada, Puerto Rico and Panama. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
Become a part of our team – Apply today!
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.