Diesel Truck/Equipment Mechanic
Performs repairs and maintenance on trucks to maximize safe and productive operations.
The following responsibilities are general duties that a particular employee in this position may or may not be required to perform. The actual duties required of this position will vary.
• Diagnoses mechanical problems.
• Performs repairs and maintenance on electric,diesel
and gasoline trucks including front-end loader, roll
off, and other vehicles to maximize safe and
productive operations. Typical repairs include, but
are not limited to, routine maintenance and repair of
engines, chassis, driveline, body components,
hydraulic systems, brake systems, electrical systems,
suspension systems, wheels, and tires.
• Overhauls gas or diesel engines.
• Examines protective guards and specified safety
devices on trucks, and makes adjustments.
• Reads and interprets VCRs (vehicle condition reports)
and/or repair orders, communicates with supervisor
and/or driver for clarification of problems and
discusses preventive techniques with drivers to
minimize future repairs.
• Completes paperwork associated with repairing
vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for
applied times (work order times versus time card
• Makes emergency road calls to repair trucks.
• Follows all safety policies and procedures.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
The following physical activities or abilities are commonly, but not always, associated with the performance of this position. The actual requirements of this position will vary.
• Lift, carry and push/pull at least 75 pounds.
• Climb into and out of equipment.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION:
• Equivalent of (1) high school diploma or G.E.D.
certification and 1 year of related truck or heavy
equipment maintenance; OR (2) 4 years of related truck
or heavy equipment maintenance.
• Valid driver license.
• Mechanical or trade school certificate.
• Certificate in electronic diagnostics
• ASE certification
• Welding and/or fabrication skills and/or experience.
Republic Services is a dynamic company that offers a competitive salary and benefits package including major medical coverage, supplemental insurance programs, retirement benefits, and paid vacation and holidays.
Republic Services promotes a drug-free and alcohol-free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug testing.
Going Green for the Environment.
Relevant Work Experience:
Education Level :
High School Diploma or G.E.D certification
Republic Services/Allied Waste
|Contact Name :
|Email or Phone Number:
|Apply Save Job|
See all jobs listed by this company