Boss Truck Shop, Inc is currently seeking an Assistant Manager!
Summary: Maintain smooth, efficient and quality operation of the shop while over seeing shift supervisors, technicians, and sales associates in the absence of the Manager and by handling any problems arising, by performing the following duties. Assistant manager will enter into our Manager in Training program. The intentions of the program are to grow individuals into a General Manger.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Ability to provide supervisory skills in the absence of the Manager.
2. Assist Manager in achieving all budgeted goals.
3. Ensure invoices are turned in daily.
4. Keep procedure manuals updated and accessible for mechanics.
5. Review daily tickets to insure correct pricing.
6. Keep labor and parts prices updated.
7. Handle all problems that can't be handled at a lower level (customer, personnel, mechanical).
8. Bring mistakes to the attention of shop personnel so they can improve.
9. Train Shift Supervisors and Parts Managers.
10. Ensure all employees are trained properly and follow procedures set forth.
11. Do weekly shop schedule, maintaining minimum overtime to keep labor within budget goals.
12. Ensure cleanliness of the shop, inside and out, and stock levels are maintained.
13. Maintain parts room inventory levels, cleanliness and organization.
14. Ensure all shop personnel act and look professional.
15. Ensure service equipment is in good working condition and well maintained.
16. Do evaluations on new hires after 90 days and all employees quarterly or as needed.
17. Hold shop training meetings at least monthly to keep all personnel informed on pricing, policies and procedures, sale tires and other merchandise.
18. Count tires before every shift on a daily basis, and keep a tight control on tire inventory.
19. Do monthly inventory counts as required and turned in by the first of the month.
20. Perform inventory spot checks weekly.
21. Evaluate and document any return job problems and be able to remedy the problem and communicate this to upper management.
22. Maintain a profitable business unit.
23. Update all national accounts weekly.
24. Enforce and practice all company safety procedures to ensure a safe environment for employees and customers.
25. MUST BE A HANDS ON MANAGER.
26. All other duties as assigned by supervisor.
to perform this job successfully and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Current valid driver's license and be insurable to drive.
ASE, DOT, TIA and other certifications will be available/required after employment.
Other Skills and Abilities
Degree in Mechanics or equivalent, and inventory control experience.
Acceptable driving record.
Able to supervise 5 or more employees.
Basic typing skills.
Basic understanding of computer operations.
Able to be on feet for extended periods of time.
Able to furnish own tools to perform work.
Must work a minimum of 50 hours per week.
Must be available day or night as needed.
Able to work weekends, holidays, and be on call 24 hours/7 days a week.
Must have reliable transportation and phone.
Bosselman offers extremely competitive pay, which incorporates paid holidays and vacation. Excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, long term disability, short term disability, Flex Spending Account, and 401(K) with a company match! Come join our team and grow with us!
EOE M/F/D/V Drug-Free Workplace
Relevant Work Experience:
Must have a valid driver's license and be insurable to drive.
Boss Truck Shop Inc
|Apply Save Job|
See all jobs listed by this company